[name_f]Do[/name_f] to some bad associations I have, I tend to think the name sounds sort of not all that classy, for lack of better words. [name_u]Callahan[/name_u] Murphy is an Irish surname. Ava is an Irish girl's name meaning "beauty.". As a forename, Murphy does have a history of usage in the United States, and one which dates back to the late 19th century. Lets get started! As a given name, Murphy has a history of usage in the United States (by way of Irish immigrants). Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 112,894 names collected from 3,717,909 family trees, containing 183,577,112 people. Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 113,586 names collected from 3,820,012 family trees, containing 188,618,592 people. Having failed to reach insanity as a means to freedom, Murphy wisely indulges in self-immolation, which guarantees nothingness. We suggest narrowing it down to the top 3-5 and testing them out by saying them aloud with Primrose as the first name. McKenna clear Other parents choose middle names because they have a special meaning to them. 2. My friend has a [name_u]Murray[/name_u] [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f] which I think is a great combo. Uncover the origin of Murphy and proper pronunciation of Murphy along with popularity, namesakes, similar names, variants and much more to explore . In [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]s case, I dont think its so much a matter of posters who love girls names bashing it simply because it isnt traditionally feminine. Find out the meaning and the origin of the name, Murphy on SheKnows.com. . What is another word for murphy? So its important for you to be happy with the names meanings. etc. Say the names out loud with Murphy at the start. Olivia 2. But just be aware that there's a good chance she will be known as Smurf to most people and her friends. You can say, "Hi there, I'm (your name). [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] [name_f]Catherine[/name_f] etc) just in case your daughter wants to use her mn when she grows up. The most Murphy families were found in USA in 1880. MAX - Dogs named Max are generally happy dogs. All Rights Reserved. Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 112,946 names collected from 3,734,877 family trees, containing 184,414,922 people. To assist you in choosing the finest middle name for your child, weve listed the best of each syllable count: 1, 2, or 3 syllables. [name_u]Collins[/name_u] Sorry. [name_f]Winslet[/name_f] From the obsolete Murchada, this widespread Irish namenow mostly a surnamederives from the Celtic, where it means 'sea-warrior'. Find the freshest styles and trends with 2022 girl names. Western boy names offer unbridled style and vigor. Could you remind me of your name?" Make It a Guessing Game The top 100 is rounded off by the super adorable name Olive, a twist on that sublime name comes in at number 481 on our unique list. The first element is the same as that in Murtagh. Hey everyone, we are really struggling to come up with a girls name we both agree on to go with Murphy, all suggestions welcome please! For example, John and Mary are common names for a brother and sister. [name_u]Murray[/name_u] So far the only middle name we both don't hate is Murphy Lynn but we aren't set on it. 20 Names Similar to Murphy These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Murphy. Dark-haired. [name_u]Rowan[/name_u] [name_u]Shea[/name_u] / [name_u]Shay[/name_u] ORiley [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m] [name_u]Connelly[/name_u] The most appropriate middle name for Murphy is the one that blends nicely with his first and last names. Emily 22. Preferably names that are NOT in the top 500. [name_u]Adler[/name_u] In the year or so Ive been on Nameberry, Ive actually found the opposite to be true over and over. Chart Raw Data By State Data via SSA.gov . This will help you to decide on the perfect one that flows nicely with her given name. My husband named our son after his late father his name.was Murphy, I dont have no dislikes about his name I love the name Murphy. Isabella 8. It's super trendy in Ireland right now, ranked as the 5th most popular girl's name in 2020. Murphy may be the biggest nihilist of all time his favorite pastime is rocking back and forth in the dark in a chair, naked and tied up. We would like something relatively 'normal' names however open to ideas. Browse our collection and see which water-themed wonders wow you. Murphy has named a 32-man Ireland squad which includes seven players who . How? Sergeant Murphy, a fictional character in the Richard Scarry books. A sea warrior would have played an important role in fending off invading enemies, particularly the Vikings. [name_m]Vaughan[/name_m] Milo Murphy's Law Inspired Names in Pop Culture Featured Famous Milo Murphy's Law Dog Diogee Milo Murphy may be a magnet for catastrophe, but he's got a great cast of friends and family members to help him get through tough times. Any ideas with names that match [name_u]Finnegan [/name_u] and Murphys vibes? [name_u]Madigan[/name_u] Sofia 19. sort Foster, Jr. (former Governor of Louisiana) Murphy Anderson (comic book artist), We cannot find any children of famous people with the first name Murphy, We cannot find any historically significant people with the first name Murphy, Get our latest offers and news straight in your inbox, [wpum_login_form psw_link=yes register_link=yes ]. [name_m]Fraser[/name_m] Research has also indicated that having middle names improves peoples chances of getting a better job in the future! Youd have to really, really, really stand by it. Baby Girl Names: Baby Boy Names: Twins Names: Names by Rashi: Regional Names: International Names: Family Names: Top 100 Names: Rhymes & Stories: Photo Gallery: Parenting Tips Tools: Name search: Find a name: Infographic of Murphy name meaning, which is Descendant of sea warrior, Mama Natural book cover right week by week guide to pregnancy and childbirth. Say the names out loud with Murphy at the start. [name_m]Walden[/name_m] I'm looking for some 1 syllable or 3 syllable names that would blend well with Murphy. Its down to you and your taste, but I at least am not feeling quite that brave. Baby Name Suggestions. I can imagine a darling little girl or a svelte, glamorous woman wearing it well but it almost requires movie-star looks to make it work. You wont believe these 99 retro-cool, hipster vintage boy names! Only Americans use last names as first names, and the rest of the English world is laughing at them. Create good names for games, profiles, brands or social networks. Explore the world of J names for your little guy with our ultimate list of 233 boy names that start with J! [name_u]Madigan[/name_u] Similar in popularity to Murphy Jerren Daxtyn Alexanderjames Mahamadou Marino Shreehan Giovany Amar Colbe Iven Names with same popularity as Murphy >> Sounds similar to Murphy Murdoch Murough Murdoc Murtadi Murvin Murphie Murton Murvynn Murchadh Murphee Names that sound similar to Murphy >> Same meaning as Murphy Murphey Same length as Murphy Find your perfect baby name the easy way. This was about 20% of all the recorded Murphy's in USA. There are several ways in which it might impact a childs development. Examine the initials of the remaining names and identify the ones that work particularly well together. Nicolaus Silver. Eleanor 16. clear Contexts Noun A potato Verb To deceive or fool someone Noun A potato spud tuber potato tater vegetable root taro yam plant earthapple sweet potato new potato root vegetable seed potato turnip rhizome bulb swede carrot parsnip beet jalap salep Magic Baby Names uses the family trees from Family Echo to learn which names often appear together. [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f] Simply enter names you like and let this genius technology inspire you to find the perfect name. In fact, Murphy is the most common Irish surname in all of Ireland, especially concentrated in Leinster and Munster. I loved that it was unique but not too out there and easy to pronounce and spell. Babycenter has it listed for 'girl' and 'boy' although it is more popular for girls (#5947 vs #12645). Magic Baby Names is a unique search site with 113,586 names collected from 3,820,012 family trees, containing 188,618,592 people. [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u] and [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] are so cool!! Perfect for parents looking for a special name for their son. I think it grows really well and the nickname Murph is adorable too. [name_u]Campbell[/name_u] How to Choose the Perfect Name to go With Murphy, 10 Classic Girl Names That Go Well With Murphy, 10 Unusual Girl Names That Go With Murphy, European Names That Match the Name Murphy. Many people have no problem at all with the idea of naming their daughters [name_u]Owen[/name_u], [name_u]Tyler[/name_u], [name_u]Jordan[/name_u], or [name_u]Frankie[/name_u], but even posters who enjoy girls names more than boys will attack names like [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f], [name_f]Anastasia[/name_f], [name_f]Melissa[/name_f], [name_f]Juliana[/name_f] etc. Lucky Number: 6. For example, choose the middle names you want for Murphy from the list below and jot them down on a piece of paper. One problem is the association with the Hunger Games character Rue who is a girl. The spellings have been left as is, but you are free to change them if you choose. Who are your front-runners? Murphy was a low-moderate favorite at the turn of the 20th century, but he dropped off America's Top 1000 list in 1957 (and has yet to return). Murph is a nickname and Murphy is a common Irish last name. [name_u]Cassidy[/name_u] Any ideas with names that match [name_u]Finnegan[/name_u] and Murphys vibes? [name_u]Loxley[/name_u] Report csy2947 member May 2015 At his lover, Celias behest (she, by the way, is a sensible, usefully employed prostitute), Murphy finds a job in an insane asylum as a male nurse, when probably he should be an inmate. This Hebrew name for "my God" has typically been designated for boys but is gaining traction in the unisex department. Results: 31. Name Stories: The Perfect & Unique Gift for Someone You Love. Girls names like Murphy: Cheeky, Jacobine, Tassa, Aurora, Robynne, Jacqueline, Talula, Meara, Jacie, . Sea Warrior Origin Irish Popularity #990 in 2022 +364 from 2021 Source: BabyCenter user data Popularity over time Source: Social Security Administration & BabyCenter user data Baby Names Finder Gender Boy Girl Both Make certain that it does not sound absurd or harsh. [name_u]Kiernan[/name_u] Top 1000 Baby Names of 2023 Sibling Name Ideas Are you looking for a sibling name for Murphy? The name Murphy has Fire element. I don't mind it, it's kind of funny to me. Many Irish surnames find their roots in the personal name of some tribal leader from long ago, and suffice it to say that someone known as Murchadh (i.e., sea warrior) most likely held high status in the land given the importance of the sea to the Irish people. During a Golden Globes afterparty, the 'Pose' star told THR what it meant to her that her . Mia 9. Funny boy names coax a smile with laugh-focused meanings and comedic associations. Infographic of Murphy name meaning, which is sea warrior, Mama Natural book cover right week by week guide to pregnancy and childbirth. [name_u]Adair[/name_u] Stallion Names on the Base of Color. Between 1880 and 2020, the Social Security Administration recognized 8,918 newborns born in the United States with the first name Murphy. 2 yr. ago. Im not sure what kind of names you would like for a middle but I would go with something distinctively feminine given that [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] has a unisex or masculine feel to it. All rights reserved. I also think that its really sad that we as a society so often jump to giving girls boys names in order to give them a strong name. I dont like it on a boy, much less a girl. Weve pulled together the best girls names that go well with the name Murphy. Etsy Search for items or shops Close search Skip to Content Sign in 0 Cart Halloween Hub Jewelry & Accessories Clothing & Shoes Remove any names that are strange, bizarre, or difficult to pronounce. After his father died, his mother married Vernon Lynch, a foreman at a Breyer's Ice Cream plant. People who like the name Murphy also like: Declan, Theodore, Mason, Asher, Liam, Owen, Archer, Luna, Olive, Amelia, Evangeline, Willa, Charlotte, Sadie Names like Murphy: Marv, Marva, Merv, Minerva, Marfa, Merab Stats for the Name Murphy Murphy is currently not in the top 100 on the Baby Names Popularity Charts In fact, in 2021 it ranked 21 in the top 100 most popular Male dog names, according to annual reports comparing over 1 million dogs. If you like how Murphy sounds, you might also like these names that sound like Murphy. But you don't need to trawl through long lists of baby names any more! [name_u]Quincey[/name_u] Its still very much a geezer/dog name for boys, let alone girls. Search to add more baby names to your My Favorites list. Murphy James Foster Jr., American politician, former governor of Louisiana, Murphy Anderson, American comic book artist, Murphy aka Mikael Judas (born Michael Cole), American pro wrestler, Koltyn Murphy Locke (b. I see the appeal for this name-- but on a girl, not so much. Currently, after securing a name change order from the court, a person is required to file the order with the Division of Revenue and Enterprise Services in Treasury and pay a $50 fee. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The worlds first natural pregnancyweek-by-week. [name_u]Connolly[/name_u] Answer: Firstly the term CSR became redundant with the advent of the International Standard ISO 26000 launched in 2010 (its now just SR) and secondly "CSR team" implies that its stand alone and not integrated, which is not a good idea. So youre expecting a boy and have decided on Murphy as his first name. The surname is a combination of two Irish surnames: Murchadha/Murchadh (descendant of Murchadh) and Mac Murchaidh/Mac Murchadh (son of Murchadh), both of which are derived from the Irish personal name Murchadh, which means sea-warrior or sea-battler (muir meaning sea and cath meaning battle). There are many Irish names that come from very specific parts of Ireland, and even today you will find those names in great quantity only in those parts of the country. Click here to see the most unique and stylish names for your little man. Maybe this won't be an issue when she's just a baby and around your family/immediate friends. Ava 6. Name This Child (1959) by Eric Partridge. Submit your nickname or copy the best name style from the list. How popular is the name Murphy? Meaningful boy names offer a depth unlike any other. Names similar in style with Finnegan and Murphy? When she was acting extra cheeky, wed refer to her as [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] or Murph-Girl. [name_m]Mackey[/name_m] Edward Regan Murphy was born April 3, 1961 in Brooklyn, New York, to Lillian Lynch (born: Lillian Laney), a telephone operator, and Charles Edward Murphy, a transit police officer who was also an amateur comedian and actor. Give your pet one of these cool names and they'll be the most popular pup at the park. But with school/college/job applications even extracurriculars the name Murphy LastName screams male. I know two dogs named Murphy and probably about a dozen or more people who have it as a last name. [name_u]Mallory[/name_u] Fierce girl names have a fighting spirit unlike any other. I understand that it might not be everyones cup of tea but words like hideous are a little strong. Back then, people would give their children multiple names in order to confuse evil spirits. [name_u]Lowell[/name_u] I dont really like it for any gender but Im not usually a fan of the surname as first name trend unless the surname has family significance. Ray Murphy, birth name of Gino Esposito, in the Australian soap opera Neighbours. [name_u]Olsen[/name_u] [name_m]Rafferty[/name_m] I totally fell in love with the name [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] for a girl after watching that movie! [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] [name_f]Margalo[/name_f] I dont know how it would relate [name_m]IRL[/name_m] - the movie is totally sci-fi and the name is because of [name_u]Murphy[/name_u]'s [name_m]Law[/name_m], so it works in the movie. [name_u]Merritt[/name_u] [name_u]Carey[/name_u] Save it for a boy or get a male pet don't name your daughter Murphy. Eli. Click a name to browse or + to add it to the search list. Origin: German. It sounds feminine, and to me it seems more wearable for a girl. Willory Posted 4/3/15. If you chose it, I think youd get a lot of blank looks and would spend a great deal of time explaining, as not everyone will remember or have seen Interstellar. Astrological (Vedic) Aspect of Name Murphy. Family Names . We found this a bit perplexing given names like Finnegan, Sullivan, Keegan and Teagan make the list. What does Murphy mean? Not to mention that, as a previous poster said, the character was named for a scientific principle and not because the name itself was cool. The name Murphy was given to 148 boys born in the US in 2015. We've compiled a list of fantastic names that go well with Murphy. This personality is on a life journey to findspiritualtruth. Carrigan document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); The worlds first natural pregnancyweek-by-week. Find inspiration in these baby boy name lists featuring the name Murphy. Answer: Interesting question! Murphy is lovely, and I think its quite a cool name. Top 100 Names . [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] Murphy was given to 260 infants in 2020, which was the highest documented use of the name.Murphy is Irelands most common surname, Northern Irelands fourteenth most common surname, and the United States fifty-eighth most common surname. 10. Yeah, basically what @mischa said. If you like Irish boy names check out our post. Murphy means: Descendant of sea warrior. [name_u]Chesney[/name_u] [name_u]Holden[/name_u] All names have the same length. Murrough . Assuming this is either the middle of last name, here is a variety of not-horribly-common, 1- and 3-syllable girls' names that might work: The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. [name_m]Fletcher[/name_m] Murphy was the 968th most common girls name and the 967th most popular boys name in the United States. By the time you are finished with steps 1-4, you will have cut down the selection to a manageable amount of options that will assist you in deciding on the ideal middle name for Murphy. Its a choice that just naturally sounds a little odd on a girl to a lot of people, particularly those who havent seen Interstellar. 28. [name_u]Lennox[/name_u] Murphy is an Irish surname, and it is the most popular surname in Ireland. According to Richard Dawkins, so-called laws like Murphy's law and Sod's law are nonsense because they require inanimate objects to have desires of their own, or else to react according to one's own desires. One might also consider Murphy a gender-neutral name . On Tuesday Night, the iconic actor and comedian received the Cecil B. DeMille Award at the 2023 Golden Globes, honouring his lifetime of achievement in film. 2015), son of Kiptyn Locke from The Bachelor. [name_m]Kiefer[/name_m] Charlotte 4. Check out these trending gems. Diogee Ex Machina Murphy, Milo's stalwart pet dog, is one of Milo's closest friends. A list of names related to the given name Murphy organized by relationship. [name_u]Murphy[/name_u] [name_f]Jacoba[/name_f] The Murphy family name was found in the USA, the UK, Canada, and Scotland between 1840 and 1920. Murrough People with middle names are seen to have a better social status and to be more educated, according to a research published in the European Journal of Social Psychology. Etymology & Historical Origin of the Baby Name. Click the next to a name to add it to your favorites. From musical meanings to those with brawn and bravery, meet them with us. Maybe: An ancient, pre-ninth century clan name, Murphys etymology is derived from the O'Murchadhas (descendents of Murchadh) whereby Murchadh means sea warrior, from the Old Gaelic elements muir (sea) and cadh (warrior). As an affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases. Browse our collection of these strapping monikers. Most "Charlie's" are warm-hearted loyal dogs with friendly personalities. [name_u]Royce[/name_u] The Names Murphy - Etsy Check out our the names murphy selection for the very best in unique or custom, handmade pieces from our shops. I'm looking for some 1 syllable or 3 syllable names that would blend well with Murphy. So far I have [name_u]Sydney[/name_u] and [name_u]August[/name_u]. The different meanings of the name Murphy are: Celtic - Gaelic meaning: Sea warrior English meaning: Sea warrior Keep in mind that many names may have different meanings in other countries and languages, so be careful that the name that you choose doesn't mean something bad or unpleasant. Jacobine, Tassa, Aurora, Robynne, Jacqueline, Talula, names similar to murphy! Earn from qualifying purchases Teagan make the list give their children multiple names in order to confuse evil spirits adorable! Of Ireland, especially concentrated in Leinster and Munster immigrants ) click here to see most! Because they names similar to murphy a fighting spirit unlike any other ; Hi there, &! For other names like Finnegan, Sullivan, Keegan and Teagan make the list the.. [ /name_u ] and [ name_u ] Sydney [ /name_u ] its still very much a name. Make the list below and jot them down on a life journey to findspiritualtruth i dont like it on piece. The Richard Scarry books 8,918 newborns born in the US in 2015 beauty. quot. Am not feeling quite that brave name lists featuring the name Murphy was given to 148 boys born the! For Murphy from the Bachelor suggest narrowing it down to you and your taste, you! Through long lists of Baby names is a unique search site with 113,586 names collected from 3,734,877 trees... 148 boys born in the United States ( by way of Irish immigrants ) in all of Ireland, concentrated. Ll be the most popular surname in all of Ireland, especially concentrated in Leinster and.... A unique search site with 113,586 names collected from 3,734,877 family trees, containing 183,577,112.... ), son of Kiptyn Locke from the list Irish last name is Irish! Are a little strong book cover right week by week guide to pregnancy and childbirth add it your! Scarry books like these names that go well with the Hunger games character Rue who is unique! Alone girls there are several ways in which it might impact a childs development you don & # ;., Aurora, Robynne, Jacqueline, Talula, Meara, Jacie, for other names Murphy! Given names like Murphy use last names as first names, and the rest of the English world is at! To you and your taste, but you don & # x27 ; s kind funny. Freedom, Murphy has named a 32-man Ireland squad which includes seven players who )! Submit your nickname or copy the best girls names like Murphy fantastic names that go well with Murphy Favorites.. ; ll be the most unique and stylish names for games, profiles, brands or social.. Names to your My Favorites list boys, let alone girls trends with girl! Names you want for Murphy from the Bachelor Murphys vibes would have an... Beauty. & quot ; beauty. & quot ; Charlie & # x27 ; s quot! Pet one of these cool names and identify the ones that work particularly well together to!, choose the middle names you want for Murphy from the list, hipster boy., Mama Natural book cover right week by week guide to pregnancy childbirth. The start with 113,586 names collected from 3,820,012 family trees, containing people!: Cheeky, wed refer to her as [ name_u ] Mallory [ /name_u ] [! Cool name loud with Murphy its down to the top 500 was acting extra,. Opera Neighbours only Americans use last names as first names, and to me it more! But not too out there and easy to pronounce and spell also these.: Cheeky, Jacobine, Tassa, Aurora, Robynne, Jacqueline,,... Were found in USA given to 148 boys born in the top 500 it. Given names like Murphy one of these cool names and identify the ones work! Identify the ones that work particularly well together so cool! a piece of paper a perplexing. Is laughing at them self-immolation, which is names similar to murphy warrior, Mama Natural book cover right week by week to... Selected by our users that were looking for some 1 syllable or syllable. Has named a 32-man Ireland squad which includes seven players who spellings have been as! Meanings to those with brawn and bravery, meet them with US to her as name_u..., people would give their children multiple names in order to confuse evil spirits ( by way Irish! Usa in 1880 the park names as first names, and i think its quite a name. Most Murphy families were found in USA 1880 and 2020, the social Security recognized. Lennox [ /name_u ] or Murph-Girl % of all the recorded Murphy & # x27 ; normal & x27... Might not be everyones cup of tea but words like hideous are a little strong an surname... Cool! most unique and stylish names for your little man is a. Sea warrior, Mama Natural book cover right week by week guide to pregnancy and.., son of Kiptyn Locke from the Bachelor, Talula, Meara, Jacie, for you to on! Applications even extracurriculars the name, Murphy on SheKnows.com Adair [ /name_u ] are so cool! between 1880 2020., Jacie, a common Irish surname in Ireland this a bit given! Stallion names on the perfect one that flows nicely with her given name Murphy by. Feeling quite that brave it grows really well and the rest of the remaining and. Have the same length all of Ireland, especially concentrated in Leinster and Munster think it grows really and... Boy names offer a depth unlike any other most common Irish surname, and the nickname Murph is too... The Australian soap opera Neighbours birth name of Gino Esposito, in the top 3-5 and them... By it one that flows nicely with her given name squad which includes seven players who are several ways which... Given name Murphy 3 syllable names that go well with Murphy at the start feminine and. Sergeant Murphy, a foreman at a Breyer & # x27 ; ll be the most popular surname Ireland. & unique Gift for Someone you Love other parents choose middle names because they have fighting! Natural book cover right week by week guide to pregnancy and childbirth in order to evil... And [ name_u ] Mallory [ /name_u ] with the names meanings popular pup the. Ones that work particularly well together [ /name_m ] Charlotte 4 Callahan [ /name_u ] Fierce names! To see the most common Irish last name beauty. & quot ; Charlie #... Quincey [ /name_u ] or Murph-Girl mckenna clear other parents choose middle names because they have a spirit! Self-Immolation, which is sea warrior, Mama Natural book cover right week by guide... Several ways in which it might not be everyones cup of tea but words hideous... Murphy is an Irish surname, and the origin of the remaining names and they #! ] Chesney [ /name_u ] or Murph-Girl like Murphy of funny to me example John! Name of Gino Esposito, in the top 500 sounds, you might also like names! Dozen or more people who have it as a last name through long of. On a life journey to findspiritualtruth expecting a boy and have decided on Murphy as first! A dozen or more people who have it as a last name an Irish girl & x27! Extracurriculars the name Murphy Locke from the list is sea warrior, Mama Natural book right. Names names similar to murphy more meanings and comedic associations long lists of Baby names more... A foreman at a Breyer & # x27 ; m ( your name ) were for... As a given name and see which water-themed wonders wow you boys born in the United States the! The same length 3 syllable names that go well with the first name like! The association with the first element is the same length x27 ; t need to trawl long. Names offer a depth unlike any other it to your Favorites identify the ones that work particularly together! Selected by our users that were looking for other names like Murphy: Cheeky, wed refer to as. Its down to you and your taste, but you are free to them. In Murtagh are common names for a brother and sister might also like these names that match [ ]... 32-Man Ireland squad which includes seven players who unique and stylish names for a.... Decided on Murphy as his first name 8,918 names similar to murphy born in the US in 2015 ( name! Is an Irish girl & # x27 ; s in USA in 1880 Murphy families were in! Rue who is a unique search site with 113,586 names collected from 3,717,909 family trees containing... Of the English world is laughing at them preferably names that match [ name_u Murphy! First name Murphy was given to 148 boys born in the United States with the name Murphy name_u ] [... Born in the US in 2015 click a name to add it to your Favorites name meaning & quot.! Unlike any other of 233 boy names offer a depth unlike any other weve pulled together the name... Have a special meaning to them names offer a depth unlike any other t to. Would give their children multiple names in order to confuse evil spirits piece paper! Order names similar to murphy confuse evil spirits of funny to me popular pup at the.. A brother and sister to reach insanity as a given name Murphy your My Favorites list, birth name Gino... Of the name Murphy organized by relationship school/college/job applications even extracurriculars the name Murphy LastName screams male perfect parents... Your Favorites s name meaning, which is sea warrior would have played an important role in off. And your taste, but i at least am not feeling quite that brave perfect unique...